Springville Utah probate attorneys are instrumental for a smooth administration of a person’s estate.
Common probate actions. Common practices include an attorney filing the original will, a petition to the court, a copy of the death certificate and other relevant documents in the proper court jurisdiction to begin the process and authenticate a will. Granting probate is the first step in the administration of a person’s will, so a deceased’s wishes and division of assets can be accomplished. Springville Utah probate attorneys are resourceful in probate actions.
Relevant legal terminology. Probate actions utilize specific legal terminology that grieving individuals may not readily understand. Familiarization of these terms is important to understand the concept of the distribution of estate assets and payment of outstanding debts. When children are involved, wills may lay out a plan for their care as well. Experienced Springville probate attorneys can go over the meaning of the terms that most likely impact a specific case outcome in the probate courts.
- Decedent: A person who dies and whose estate is going through probate.
- Administrator: When a person dies without leaving a will, a court-appointed executor will be named.
- Intestate: When someone dies before preparing a will.
- Intestacy: State laws specific to the distribution of estate assets.
Probate hurdles. Major hurdles for efficient probate administration of a will may include an incident of lost will documents, or contested wills for lack of due execution, forgery, lack of testamentary capacity, or undue influence. Will challenges have legal limitations in most states to assure that a person’s estate plan will be protected. Interested parties should contact a Springville probate attorney about common objections to wills that can be successful including:
- Forgery. Individual claims that the signature on the will is not the decedent’s, and consideration is made when Springville probate attorneys were not involved in drafting, or signing of the will, or unethical individuals are involved.
Springville Utah Probate Lawyers.
After in individual in Springville dies and their estate needs to be administered according to their wishes, probate actions can seem overwhelming without the assistance of an experienced Springville Utah probate attorney.